Monday, July 27, 2015

T-Neer & Far

I felt like I'd travelled across the world with nothing more pressing to do than repose at the local hotspot in Sri Lanka when I spent the most relaxing day imaginable at T-Neer The Finest Tea Room in Sierra Madre, CA.  My best friend treated me to tea as a belated birthday gift ... about 5 months belated, actually.

Owner Aruna spent time making us feel like both long lost family and VIPs. When I ordered milk with my tea, she graciously asked if I'd like the milk warmed so as not to cool my hot tea. That was a first! Of course, I said yes. I always say yes to new experiences, as long as they don't threaten life and limb or look to land me in the pokey.

Everything was delicious from the tea to the soup, sandwiches and desserts. Being able to lazily sit back on their sofa and occasionally pick up a sandwich from the coffee table before us was a dream, and Aruna and staff allowed us to linger for nearly 3 hours. I'm so looking forward to my next visit, and will make sure to park in a space without a meter in order to get the full and extended T-Neer experience.

For the nuts and bolts details on T-Neer visit the Tea Travellers Societea site.





We happened to be there on their 1 year anniversary :)


Half the fun is signing their wall

I wish I could remember the type of soup they served.
My friend is still talking about its deliciousness!









No comments:

Post a Comment