Fortunately for Harvey Nichols patrons, they can enjoy an opulent 1920s tea without the tension. Here's their Gatsby inspired Roaring 20s Tea menu that commenced 1 May, 2013.
In the spirit of Prohibition, choose either a coupette of Champagne with gold leaf, or a Prohibition Pink Lady cocktail: a blend of gin, lemon juice, grenadine and cointreau garnished by a sunken maraschino cherry.
- Pigs in a blanket
- Chicken Caesar roulade
- Blini ‘gribiche’
- Lobster roll
- Summer Fruit and plain scone, clotted cream and Champagne jam
- White chocolate and coconut pearl macaroon (in jewelry box)
- Bootlegger rum, coffee and chocolate cake garnished with fireworks chocolate transfer
- Pineapple upside-down cake, garnished with jewel
- Gin Rickeys (mini martini glass), finished with crème de menthe jelly and a cocktail cherry
- Harvey Nichols peanut butter, cocoa-dusted cigar (from a Gatsby cigar box)
The Roaring 20s Afternoon Tea is served daily from 3pm – 5pm. £30 for Afternoon Tea and £40 with the champagne or cocktail.