- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1 tube (4.25 oz.) royal blue decorating icing (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan completely with foil, leaving extra on sides for handles.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until brownies begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert brownie onto serving tray; peel off foil.
- Shape into dreidel: About 3-inches from bottom of each long side, cut triangular pieces to bottom center, forming point of dreidel. Cut about 1-inch from top edge; cut in half and attach 1 piece as handle.
- Place 1 cup white chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Spread on dreidel, about 1-inch from top and 2 sides, forming 7-inch square. Decorate with remaining white chips and decorating icing, if desired. Cut into bars. About 3 dozen brownies.
Amount Per Serving
Total Calories: 190
Saturated Fat - 6g
Cholesterol - 35mg
Sodium - 95mg
Total Carbohydrate - 23g
Sugars - 18g
Calcium - 0mg