These mini muffin-size appetizer tarts are the perfect party food. Refrigerated Crescent roll dough makes it easy to create a finger food that even kids will like.
- 1 package flaky dough sheet (like Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations)
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 4 asparagus spears, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll dough until flat and cut into 12 equal squares.
- Line mini muffin tins with mini baking cups. Place dough squares in cups and shape edges to keep contents from spilling out.
- Divide cheese among cups; top with vegetables. Pat down with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and whipping cream and beat until frothy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Using a spoon, divide egg mixture over vegetables to the edge of the tin.
- Bake tarts for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Cool slightly before serving.
Tips & Tricks
To create a meat-lover’s version of this dish, substitute cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon for the vegetables and Gruyere.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes